Rising from the ashes, and so it begins....


    I guess everyone's story has to begin somewhere, and for some of us that story restarts again and again, and as the pages turn one can only guess at the outcome.  The morning of August 29th definitely changed my story. with an outcome still to be created.

     I was at work when I felt my cell phone vibrating almost non-stop, I was assisting a client so I ignored the phone call.  Again and again the phone vibrated.  My boss was scrolling on her phone and saw  news clip that the apartment complex that I live in was on fire.  Correction, only one of the dozen plus buildings was on fire.  The odds were in my favor that my apartment was not in jeopardy but I still raced home to make sure that my home was safe and sound.

    As I approached the scene was scattered with emergency personnel and scores of bystanders and the smoke is billowing in the sky I can now see with clarity, my home is indeed on fire.  It quickly became apparent that my home was gone and the contents therein were lost.  Ugly cries ensued and uncertainty and anxiety ran rampant.


    The fire department was wonderful, they made sure that everyone made it out safely, and that the fire did not spread to the rest of the complex, however my home, my home was a total loss.  They say that beauty and strength can arise from the ashes, the scriptures talk about the refiner's fire.  Honestly I am not sure yet all the lessons that I have yet to learn on this new chapter, but I am grateful for the new slate that is beginning, and that I am able to create a new chapter for myself.

    Because I lost all of my things in the fire I am restarting with a mismatched assortment of donated goods, and creating a much simpler life for myself.   Allowing myself to downsize and live a more intentional life.  This blog will journal as I work to create a new home from scratch and develop a life of love and joy in a new home










Comments