Sunday, January 10, 2016

Create your own MAGIC everyday...

     Every year I try to find a focus or mantra for the year. This year I am focusing on finding the magic in every day.  2016 is going to be a good year, I have very high hopes for this year.  Sometimes I get caught up in the mundane things of the world that I lose sight of all the miracles around me.

     I love the world around me, but I will admit the past few months I have been so overwhelmed with all the responsibilities around me that I had truly forgotten to stop and relax and take a moment to appreciate the world around me, and all of the daily miracles in life.

     “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 
― Roald Dahl
     
     So how do we find the magic in life?  Not sure, but hopefully this time next year I will have a much better idea.  Lately I have been reading a lot of LDS conference talks, and devotional addresses, and I keep thinking of one of my favorite ones.  It was given by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, entitled " Live In Thanksgiving Daily".  LDS or not, this article is a great read, and a great reminder to express gratitude each day.  It has been said that those who are grateful see more blessings and miracles in their life.  

     I have been so very blessed, and I need to me more appreciative of all that I have been blessed with and embrace my unexpected at times complicated beautiful life.  Life is about joy and sharing that joy with others.  So the journey for 2016 will all be about being grateful and aware of the joy and blessings in live.   I hope that this is a year that I truly live in thanksgiving daily.

  • Men are that they might have joy (2nd Nephi 2:25)

No comments: