Sunday, January 3, 2016

Thoughts on the New Year and forever being a work in progress...


      New Year, new resolutions, and new focuses.  I will admit that I set a ton of goals for myself, some are achieved and some are not, it is an ongoing work in progress, but that is just what life is.  Trying to improve as the journey of life unfolds, this picture is a place that is very important, it is the Houston Texas Temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  This is place where I find peace and direction in life, a place that helps me focus on where I have been and where I am going.

     I am always wanting to improve, and always looking for ways to better myself, and to help those I come in contact with.  Its sometimes hard to look at the big picture, and sometimes the quest for perfection seems daunting, especially when you are like myself and fall short of the mark so many times.   The key is that I am trying, every day I am trying to be better and to do better in all that I do.  When all is said and done I hope that the one thing that will always be said of me is that I tried my best, and wasn’t a quitter.

      At the beginning of the year I always reflect on the past year and think of all that happened.  2015 had some wonderful memories, also brought new additions to the extended family, however it was also the passing of my cute Grandma, who is most definitely missed.  This is also the year that I turned 35.   Now I realize that I am not that old, and that 30 is the new 20, or some nonsense like that, but really….here in Utah I will admit sometimes I feel old.  However I am glad that I am learning lessons along the way.   I look back on who I was at 20, a good person, but lets be honest, clueless in so many ways.

    My life may not have gone at all the way that I planned, I may not have the white picket fence of my dreams and the perfect herb garden and cute little family, and that is okay.   I am still pressing forward and I am very happy with my life just as it is, with all of its crazy twists and turns.  Today in church our Bishop talked about our direction for 2016, and to think of the Savior more seconds of each hour, and more hours of each day, and find ways to have more spiritual moments each day.  So that is where my focus will be, finding more time to recognize My Savior in my life, more focusing on my blessings, with a greater attitude of gratitude, and more focusing on step by step progression. I have a good feeling about this year, lets see what magic we can make this year!

No comments: