Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday Blog Love---Have you checked out skinnytaste yet? You should!

     I don't have have a ton of time to be on Facebook, but the past several weeks I have seen post after post about skinnytaste food blog.  I mean it has been everywhere.  My sister in law posted about it, my friends posted about the blog. I have friends all over the country who are raving about this woman's blog. Post after post, photo after photo lauding her blog and recipes,  Seriously, have I been under a rock?  How did I miss this anyways?  I guess that is what happens when you work all the time.  That or I am just clueless, (I prefer to think its option A, so we will go with that).  So I decided to check it out for myself, with as much as I have been hearing about this blog I was hoping that it lived up to the hype.  In short it exceeded it.  Simply beautiful!

     One of the features that I want to include in this blog are features of blogs that I do read, or pearls of wisdom or fun that I gain in my reading.  Think of it was sharing the blogging love if you will.  There are so many talented dedicated bloggers out there  that we can benefit a lot from.  



     When I went to the skinnytaste website to check out the blog for myself, I was so impressed.  She means business.  Her blog is beautiful and her photography is spectacular!  I actually decided to try an edited version of the recipe that she highlighted today.  She had a grilled flank steak with chimichurri sauce that sounded really good, and I definitely wanted to try it.  I say its an edited version in the sense that I didn't fix the flank steak, I only made the sauce.  In case you are wondering I made the sauce, and put it over a combination of eggplant and zucchini and cous cous.  It was delicious.  I have had lots of Chimichurri sauces, but I have to say this was my favorite recipe so far that I have made.  I made extra so I will have lots to use in extra dishes or to freeze.  It really was delicious, I am afraid my photo might not due it justice, so trust me it was amazing!  Check out her recipe below, and go to her blog!  She is super talented!  I can't wait to try more of her recipes!  

     I would love to hear about some of the blogs you love to follow.  What other blogs have I been missing?   So many blogs and recipes and nowhere near enough time!

Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 6 • Size: 3 oz steak w/ 4 tsp sauce • Old Pts: 6 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 6 pt
Calories: 232 • Fat: 14 g • Carb: 1 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 24 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 343 mg • Cholesterol: 77 mg  

Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 3/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • fresh ground pepper
  • 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt

For the Chimichurri Sauce

  • 2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
  • 2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste

Directions:

Using sharp knife, lightly score the steak about 1/8 inch deep on both sides in a crisscross pattern at 1/2-inch intervals. In a small bowl combine the cumin, garlic powder, oregano, freshly ground pepper and kosher salt. Season both sides of the steak with season spices.

No comments: