Saturday, August 2, 2014

Photo a Day in August…Flat Ginger Ale & the joys of stomach bugs!

Ginger B&W

     The past few days I have had a bit of a stomach bug, nothing major of course, just a bit of a nuisance to say the least.  Today’s photo prompt is “flat”.  Everyone seems to think that flat ginger ale or soda is the magic cure all for a stomach bug.  It may work for some, but for me that has never worked.  It would be oh so nice if it did, but sadly that hasn’t been the case.

     What does work for me is my own special ginger drink,  In a sauce pan I boil 2 cups water, a thumb size piece of ginger that has been minced, 2 tbsp honey and the juice of one lemon.  Boil it until the honey is completely dissolved.  Remove from heat and let cool completely for 10 minutes.  Now you have a completely “flat” ginger drink that solves any stomach problems that I have.

    I am always curious about home remedies that others may have.  What do you do when you are sick, what works for you?

No comments: