Friday, August 1, 2014

Lets Try Foodie Photo a Day Again!

August Foodie Photo a Day

     August is here!  And that means that is almost my Birthday!  I know that all of you are as excited as I am!  I like to celebrate my birthday all month, so I have a few plans for the blog for my birthday!

     I am going to to the Foodie photo a day for the month, because I want to share more of my life and world with you, also I want to try the Anne of Green Gables Cookbook cook along again, since last year was a bit of a disaster when I tried, sadly it just never happened last year.

     Since it is my birthday month with the photos I share, I want to share a part of me with you with the photos Open ScripturesI share I want you to see the things that I hold near and dear to me.  Today’s prompt was “Black and White”.  This was something that was super easy for me to know what I wanted to share.  As I have mentioned, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Every day I read my scriptures, pouring over the black and white pages, gaining direction and purpose for my life, and a strength to continue forward when things are rough.  It is a blessing in my life to have the scriptures and to be able to read them every day.  These are books that have changed my life and have allowed me to get to know my Savior, and the Plan that My Heavenly Father has for me, and how I can return to Him and live with my family forever, which is the greatest of all blessings.

     When I think of black and white I always think of the way I was raised.  My parents taught me absolutes, in other words to not sacrifice my standards or make rationalizations for poor choices.  Now I am far from perfect, and I have made loads of mistakes.  However, it is a blessing to have the scriptures and the lessons of my parents as a compass in my life.  I try my best every day to live up to the lessons that I have learned, as I have said so many times before, I am definitely a work in progress.

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Beautiful thoughts. We're all works in progress. I love the scriptures. My parents drilled accountability into us from an early age. Many of the choices I've made in my life have stemmed from not wanting to deal with the negative consequences.