Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Eat Food Photos, “Drip” the joys of water!

Drip sq
     Drip, Drip, Drip!  That word brings to mind one thing and one thing only, and that is water!  Now I know everyone has read a ton about the benefits of water, so I don’t want to parrot the words of others, but I do want to say that the importance of water can not be stressed enough!

     I have really been trying to eat healthier and to take better care of myself, and part of that journey is upping my water intake.  To get my 8-10 or more glasses of water a day sometimes I need to add some flavors to the mix to make it more enjoyable.  Because of this I have started doing infused waters.  I love infused waters!
    
     I am sharing three of my favorite infused water recipes with you.  Clearly you can make any variations that you see fit, and you can certainly come up with your own variations as well, which I would love to hear about!  Just a few pointers on infused waters that I have discovered; one, use filtered water!  I can not stress that enough!  Second, allow the flavors to meld before drinking, I like to fix these at night so they are ready for me for the next day.  As always though do what works for you!
    
     I hope that this helps with your own water intake, I would love to hear about your own tips for water consumption.  I can tell you I notice a huge difference between the days I have had my water consumption, and the days that I have not.  It really is as crucial as everyone says, enjoy your waters!

Strawberry Lemon Basil Water
4-6 strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 lemon thinly sliced
Small handful of basil, torn
32 ounces Cold Filtered Water

Ginger Lime Mint
Thumb shaped piece of Ginger sliced in to thin “coins”
2 limes thinly sliced
Small  handful of mint, torn
32 ounces Cold Filtered Water

Cucumber & Orange with Basil
1/2 of a cucumber thinly sliced
1 orange thinly sliced
Small handful of basil, torn
32 ounces Cold Filtered Water

1 comment:

Ralph Smith said...

Strawberry lemon basil water sounds irresistible and refreshing. I definitely have to try this one to stay hydrated with a bit of flavor.