Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Finding A Happy Heart in 2014…

Happiness
     Happy 2014!!!  I hope that all of you had a happy and safe New Years!  It seems that today everyone is reflecting on 2013 and making wishes for the upcoming year. 
    
     2013 was a year with many ups and downs, highs and lows, and so many learning opportunities.  I have so many goals for 2014, more that you will be hearing about in future posts.  I have so many goals for myself and for this blog this year.  One of my focuses for 2014 is having a happy heart.  I have thought so much about what true happiness is and where happiness comes from.
    
     2013 was an interesting year with so many life changes, but some of my happiest moments of 2013 were the moments I got to spend with my Grandma in a nursing home.  Earlier in 2013 my Grandma needed to move into a nursing home, I have had the blessing of being able to go and see her pretty much every day.    We have been able to share so many laughs and memories together.  It has been such a blessing to hear her stories and spend time together and create new memories together.   Family time is so precious and I hope that 2014 gives all of us lots of opportunities to be with the ones we love.
    
     Hopefully 2014 is a year to look beyond myself and to find ways to serve and strengthen others, and to make a difference.  I am always the happiest when I am giving and making things better for those I love, I hope that is something I can do better at in the year to come.  What are your focuses for the upcoming year?  Where do you want to grow and develop?  2014 is going to be an amazing year, I can feel it!

No comments: