Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy July! Its Heritage Month here at Love From Scratch!

fireworks edited
     I can hardly believe that it is already July.  2013 seems to be soaring by at a break neck pace.  I still have so many things that I want to accomplish in 2013, so I am hopeful I can make the most of my remaining five (yikes!) months.
    
     July has always been a favorite month of mine, I love the 4th of July and I love the fireworks that come with it.  Here in Utah we have our state holiday in July as well, the 24th of July, which is called Pioneer Day.  It is the day we celebrate when the pioneers from the Mormon Trail arrived in the Salt Lake valley.  Because of these two holidays I always heard stories of my ancestors and the sacrifices they made to get to America and the hardships they experienced once they got here.  I have always been humbled at the sacrifices that so many made who came before me. 

    
     I love to travel the world and meet new people, everyone has a story, everyone has a past, and I love to hear about people’s heritage.  I love to learn about why people are the way that they are, really about what makes them tick,  One of the reasons why I love to cook so much is because I truly believe that you can tell a story with food,  All of my recipes have stories attached to them, it makes the recipe come alive.
    
     This month’s focus is going to be on heritage and the history of the recipes that I cook.  I will be sharing the stories behind the recipes I hold dear and allowing you a glimpse into my own personal heritage.  I’d love to hear your own heritage recipes as well, I'd love to learn your heritage and the things that you hold dear.

No comments: