Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Zero Self-Control…Chocolate Cake and The Bachelorette…

Flourless Chocolate Cake
     So last night was definitely not one of my finer hours.  Some days  you just can’t help yourself and yesterday was one of them.  Let me explain, yesterday after I finished all the days chores and activities I knew I needed chocolate! 
    
     Now being gluten free desserts can be a bit trickier.  I knew a flourless chocolate cake would be exactly what the Dr. ordered for the day.  I used my favorite recipe for the cake, it turned out amazing if I do say so myself.  Then my moment of self control took over. 
    
     I was getting ready to take pictures of the cake so I could post them, and realized my camera batteries were dead.  No worries, I figured I’d just wait a little bit until I had enough charge to take the photos.  I put my feet up and decided to watch a little TV. 
    
     Then the lack of self control took over.  I found myself watching The Bachelorette, and then I look down and realized that I had inadvertently started eating my cake before the pictures were taken…oops.  *sigh*  I was able to take a picture that I think hides my moments of indiscretion. I guess that shows you good this recipe really is!  Its delicious, and might I add gluten free!  So if you make this recipe and find your self or your kids delving face first into it, realize that if happens to the best of us!

Love From Scratch Flourless Chocolate Cake

Ingredients

5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions

     Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of parchment paper and grease the paper.       

      Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until smooth, and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well.          

     Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.  
    
     Dust cake with additional cocoa powder and garnish with berries as desired.





No comments: