Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Blessings, Forget Not…

LDS Forget Not

     Another Sunday is here, which means another week is about to begin.  Growing up I absolutely loved going Sundays with my family.  We’d all pile in the car and go to church, and my mother would always make an amazing dinner.  We would all sit around the table and talk about the day, what we learned in church, and what was going on in our lives.  Sounds a bit idyllic doesn’t it?  I am not going to lie, I am extremely blessed to have grown up the way that I did.  When I was younger I certainly didn’t realize how fortunate I was to have the family that I do have.  They are the best and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

     My mom would always stress to me to not worry about the things that do not really matter.  Then she would always stress to me to never forget the things in life that do matter.  One of the most important things that I do need to remember is that I do need to be patient with myself, and that the Lord loves me and to be happy now.  So many times I find myself thinking once a certain condition exists or something happens, then I will be completely happy.  The truth of the matter is I can not wait for the elusive conditions to come to pass before appreciating and enjoying life to the fullest.  Life is definitely a journey with ups and downs, but I personally am trying to remember these five points more in my daily life. 

     I am blessed and I do have a great life, even if frequently things don’t always go as planned, or things happen that I just can’t make sense of.  There is a time and a season for everything, and a reason for everything. 

No comments: