Saturday, June 1, 2013

Farmers Market Month at Love From Scratch!

LFS heirloom tomatoes
     I love the summer, the warm days, the water gun fights, the fireworks and picnics.  I love the summer!  One of my favorite parts of the summer is all of the beautiful produce and farmers markets.  I love farmers markets, most summers I make a weekly trip to the farmers markets to see what goodies I can find.  There is always something so relaxing about farmers markets to me.  I love to visit with the farmers and learn what method they use to grow their produce.  I love to see the pride that they have in their harvest.  I love to get my produce as close to the source as possible.  It is inspiring to see how hard the farmers work on their produce and their dedication.
    
     It is hard to believe that it is already June, the summer is officially here!  Summer is a season of potlucks and lemonade and adventure.  This month at Love From Scratch, the month’s theme is Farmers Markets!   This month my own local farmers markets are opening, and I have to say I am so excited for it!  I really can hardly stand it!  I love looking at all the beautiful produce, really to me a farmers market can almost be sensory overload.

     I will be featuring some of my farmers markets finds, and some of the recipes that I make from them.   So many times I have gone with friends to farmers markets, and they do not have a clue what to do with the produce once it is purchased.  You can get some amazing deals in at farmers markets, and the best quality too.  Be sure to take advantage of this summer opportunity. 

     Each week  I will show different recipes and also introduce you to some of the local treats you can find at my farmers markets.   Summer is all about fun, so lets create some fun in the kitchen!

4 comments:

Angie Schneider said...

Love visiting farmer markets too! The tomatoes look so FRESH!

Love from Scratch said...

Angie, there is nothing better than farm fresh tomatoes. I look forward to them every single year.

Anonymous said...

Іt's awesome to go to see this web site and reading the views of all mates concerning this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting experience.

my web page ... jewelry ideas

Anonymous said...

I really like it when individuals get together
and share thoughts. Great website, stick with it!


Look at my web page ... Dog Collar