Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oh What a Wonderful World…

what a wonderful world
     I am back from vacation, and while I had a great time, it is good to be back home.  I love to travel, and this trip I saw so many amazing things.  I was blessed to see some of the things I had always read and studied about.  Mr. Love From Scratch and I started our journey in Germany, then Switzerland, Italy, Greece and Turkey.  Lots of plane and train rides, a cruise, and so much to see!  A few of the things that we saw were the UN Building, St Peter’s Basilica in Rome, the Parthenon, the City of Ephesus and so much more.  I will be posting lots and lots of pictures in the next several weeks.  One of the things that I love about traveling is that I get to see so many new cultures and really have the opportunity to see the world with new eyes. 

     Marcel Proust has said “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”  Traveling always reminds me not to take my blessings for granted, there are so many who would love to have the life and opportunities that I have had.  I saw beautiful architecture, wonders of the world, walked through open air markets, and had delicious food and so much more.  Since I just barely got home I have to admit I am jet lagged, and my my internal clock is beyond confused.  I have so many experiences to share, it will all be coming soon!

No comments: