Friday, May 31, 2013

Adventure is everywhere you look! Thoughts on Around the World in Food Month…

Up Adventures LFS
     I love exploring and seeing new things. it has been so much fun this month, exploring and sharing new things with you.  One of my favorite movies is UP, I seriously love that movie.  I’ll admit I cry during the movie every single time (don’t judge me).  There is something so beautiful and inspiring about that movie.  I love Carl and Ellie’s dedication to each other, their thirst for adventure and excitement.  I love Carl’s commitment to fulfill his and Ellie’s dream, even as crazy as it may seem.  I love Russell’s unwavering determination to get his wilderness badges.  It’s a great movie, complete fantasy, but that is part of the beauty of it.  One of the themes of the movie is that adventure is everywhere, and that we can all create our own adventures.
     Ever since I was a child I dreamed of adventure and seeing the world and exploring new things.  I read books of pirates and explorers or heroines in other countries.  I loved learning about what other countries have to offer.  My parents did road trips with us all across this beautiful country, and it was great!  We saw so many incredible things.  I used to think that adventure could only be found away from home.  Up House in Utah.jpgAs I have grown up I have realized that there can be magic and adventure any where.  Anyone can find and create magic and adventure.  Here in Utah we have a few magical places, but one of my favorites is what is affectionately called, “The UP House”  In one of the suburbs of Salt Lake City, someone actually re-created the house featured in UP.  It is really something quite magical and whimsical to see.  I love driving past this house, it is almost a monument to the idea that adventure and magic can be created by anyone. 
    
     While our Around the world in food month is coming to end, that doesn’t mean that the adventures have come to an end.  In the Love From Scratch home we are always traveling or always planning our next trip.  We’re always learning about new cultures, new food and new things to see.  However in all our travels it always reminds us that there is no place like home.  I can’t wait to hear about your adventures and what magic you create in your homes and kitchens!

No comments: