Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I have been reading Wednesday...The Bouchon Bakery

     Wednesday it is!  Which means its time for another What I have been reading Wednesday.  I know I have already reviewed a few of his books, but I love pretty much anything by Thomas Keller.  His recipes are always so amazing, and his books are flawless in every sense of the word.  I love that in his cookbooks the recipes are easy to follow, and there are always tips and techniques featured to help elevate the reader's cooking skills.  Bouchon Bakery features a wide variety of bakery treats, some are the traditional standbys such as OREOs or Ho Hos, just elevated to a new level, or traditional tarts and french pastries.  With all of Keller's cookbooks, I have a hard time knowing what recipe to try first.  I looked through the recipes, and they all looked so delicious, but the recipe that was calling to me this time was definitely the blueberry muffins, which I highly recommend. 

     In this book Keller features both sweet and savory recipes, which I love, lots of times it can be challenging to find true gourmet savory recipes in cookbooks, so this is a wonderful balance of sweet and savory cooking.  Someday I would love to make it to all of Keller's restaurants, but until I can make it there, I will have to settle for making due with cooking the recipes from the cookbooks.  Give this book a chance, you'll love both the content and  the artistry of the book, and your friends and family will love the delicious results.




No comments: