Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Root Canals and Ice Cream Milkshakes...

     Well today is off to a fun start (hopefully you can hear the sarcasm in my voice.)  This morning I had a root canal, and  I have to admit I am terrified of dental work.  Luckily it wasn't too bad...yet, I am sure the pain is coming,  After the appointment,  Mr. Love from Scratch asked if there was anything he could do for me, and I told him I wanted a milkshake.  Mr Love from Scratch then reminded me that we had everything we needed to make a milkshake already at home, so buying one he found to be unnecessary and silly.  I also have to add that Mr Love From Scratch didn't get home from work untill 2 in the morning, and was needing to go to work after the appointment so a milkshake wasn't in the cards today unless I made it myself.  I'll admit I was a bit disgruntled (yes I know I need to be more understanding), but I did make myself a delicious milkshake and have put my feet up and am relaxing for the afternoon.  I know I am a complete baby when it comes to dental work, it just always freaks me out, I can handle pain far better than most until its some sort of toothache or such and then I become a big baby.

     As I have mentioned before, my first job was in an ice cream parlor so I do take my milkshakes  pretty seriously, and my sundaes as well.  Milkshakes I love because you can make so many different milkshakes and show your personality in so many different ways.  So the recipe that I am making is the "Feel Good Chocolate Cake Milkshake"  It is to die for!  And in conjunction with  this month's theme, it does take you back to your childhood, or in my case, teenage years working part-time during high school to save up for college.  Whatever memories it brings back I know you will love this shake, so make it tonight and enjoy a good movie and relax after all it is mid-week humpday!

Feel Good Chocolate Cake Milkshake

Ingredients

2 heaping scoops of chocolate ice cream
1 cup milk
1 brownie or slice of chocolate cake cut up in pieces
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1 squirt chocolate syrup

Directions

Blend all ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency, if needed add more milk.  Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry.

2 comments:

Tracy Wood said...

I am having a root canal tomorrow!!! UGH! I am sure a milk shake will taste great to me also!

Love from Scratch said...

Tracy,

Good luck with your root canal tomorrow, and I hope you have a great milkshake and find a good movie to watch and rest up tomorrow!