Monday, April 15, 2013

A few thoughts on Boston Marathon Bombing 2013

 
      As everyone else in the world I am saddened and sickened at the days events in Boston.  I have never been able to make sense of acts of violence, or acts of terrorism.  This past Fall I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Boston, which I loved.  Boston is a great place, so many wonderful things to see, and the food was amazing.  Mr. Love From Scratch and I walked the Freedom Trail and saw some of the most important places in American history.  It was an amazing opportunity for me, to be able to walk the same path as so many great patriots. One of the things I loved the most about Boston was the pride that the locals had in their city and the history of their city.  I loved the patriotism that the people had with their fair city.  The attitude of the city felt electric.
 
     As I watch the news today, and I see the scenes from the tragedy, along the same places where I walked and marveled at the history and architecture, those same paths today are paths of tragedy and bloodshed.  I think of the history again of the area, the history of the "shot heard round the world", and how everyone had to unite together to move forward even stronger than before.  As Americans we do bond together, we unite together to become stronger and more resolved in the face of tragedy.  My prayers are with the good people of Boston, and with the families of all those affected.    I hope that we all hold the ones we love close together tonight and that we turn to each other and God for the strength we need to move forward together.   May God bless us all.


No comments: