Friday, February 8, 2013

Joining the Land of the Productive Again and How to Fight Flu 2013

     I know the past two weeks I have been beyond pathetic at blogging, Flu 2013  hit The Love from Scratch household hard, and when I say the Love From Scratch household what I really mean is me, Mr. Love From Scratch has not gotten the dreaded flu of 2013.  For those of you who have already gotten the flu this year you know just how much in knocks the wind out of you.  For those of you who have not gotten the flu this season, I hope you are able to avoid the flu this season.  My doctor gave me lots of tips on how to prevent the flu this year (or in my case prevent yourself from catching it again.) It's funny how sometimes you get these tips right AFTER you get sick, instead of before, when it is most needed. Hopefully these pointers prove to be helpful for you and that we make it through the flu season healthy and in one piece.

Tip#1 Wash hands very frequently, before eating, after eating, after being in public.

Tip#2 Wear layers and scarves and hats when out in the cold weather.

Tip#3 Make sure to be taking vitamin C and a multi-vitamin daily.

Tip#4 Avoid touching face, nose and eyes, and always wash hands after contact.

Tip#5 Do not share food, straws, glasses, plates etc.

Tip#6 Keep hydrated and avoid caffeinated drinks

Tip#7 Use a quality air purifier inside of the home.

I hope that all of my dear readers are able to avoid this horrible flu, and that these tips can help you stay healthy this winter!




No comments: