Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Chocolate Month!

     One of my resolutions for this blog was for every month to have a new "focus" and to feature at least 4 recipes dealing with the monthly focus.  Obviously I am late for the month of February (thanks to the flu), but without further adieu, this months focus is CHOCOLATE!  I know it is the most fitting for the month especially given that Valentine's Day is coming up.  Chocolate seems to be that one treat that everyone succumbs to, after all who doesn't love a piece of good chocolate?  When I was a child for the holidays we would always splurge and get a 2 pound box of chocolates from a local candy store.  It was always so much fun.   We would all line up along the counter and help pick out each individual piece that made it into our prized box of chocolates.  Every day after dinner during the holidays if we were good we got to choose one piece for dessert.  Every time I see a box of chocolates I remember those days.

     It seems as though everyone has some sort of memory associated with chocolate, whether it be mom's cookies or hot fudge sundaes with grandpa, or birthday cupcakes.  Lots of memories with chocolate that is for sure.  I'll admit I love chocolate, it is an Achilles heel of mine, after all who doesn't succumb to chocolate?  Whether it be dark, milk, or white, there seems to be something for everyone.  Throughout this month I will share some of my most favorite chocolate recipes with you, and I hope you discover one of your new favorite recipes here this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll
be subscribing for your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!



Also visit my web site: get followers