Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Blessings...little things that are great blessings

     Something that I always grew up with was family dinner.  I loved all of us around the dinner eating and hearing how the day had been for my family.  It was always the best part of the day, enjoying food and enjoying each other's company.  Sometimes our schedules made it so hard and one of us would be missing or late to dinner or have to leave early, but we always tried our best to all be there.  Family dinner has been a huge blessing in my life, even though it seems like such a small thing.  The dinner table has been the center of all of the homes where I have lived, and it has been where so many memories have been created.  Usually our weekdays were relatively simple but delicious, Sunday dinner was always a bit more special.  Lots of times it was the standard that we see in so many homes, roast beef and potatoes. I get hungry just thinking about Sunday dinner, so good!

     As an adult I still love family dinner, even if right now its only a family of two in the Love From Scratch home.  We always try to have one sit down meal each day as a family, it is a good time to connect and see how each one of us are doing.  I try to make meals a nice occasion and I am trying to do even better on that.  Maybe it is the perfectionist in me, but I am very particular about my meals, the TV has to be off, I have to have the table nicely set and everyone sits around the dinner table,  Yes I know it sounds very antiquated and out-dated,but I do feel very strongly about this.  It is something that has made a huge difference in my life, and has proven to be a huge blessing.  What little daily things have proven to be a huge blessing for you?

Love From Scratch Sunday Dinner Roast Beef

Ingredients

1 beef round roast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 cup water
2 teaspoons beef bouillon or 2 cubes
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper

Directions

In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add the water and bouillon to the pan. Combine the parsley, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; sprinkle over the roast.

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
 

No comments: