Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cooking Rituals and Kitchen Style

   As crazy as I am sure I sound, I talk to myself in the kitchen all the time, sometimes the conversation is actually with myself, sometimes it is with an imaginary studio audience teaching others the "top secret" recipe of the day, but honestly most of the time in the kitchen it is me talking to my dog about cooking and teaching her what I am doing.  I guess my dog would technically be the Sous Chef in my kitchen, and lots of fun and daydreaming occurs in the kitchen. 

     I have some friends who will not cook in anything but complete silence, or others who choose to cook only when the kids are in other rooms, quiet and away from the happenings of the kitchen, or I know a few who talk non-stop in the kitchen, but really never get much cooking done.  We all have our own kitchen style, me personally I want my kitchen to be a place where memories are made, and epicenter for our home.

     The kitchen is the heart of the home, and growing up I was always talking to my mom in the kitchen, so for me to be in a quiet kitchen cooking is beyond abnormal.  If Mr. Love from Scratch isn't home I have my trusty dog Chloe to listen as my mock studio audience, yes I know I am neurotic.  Maybe it is my way of daydreaming and indulging in a great fantasy of mine, the thought of having my own cooking show is just amazing, or my own cookbook, how incredible would that be?  I would love either, and I do hope to one day have a cookbook of my very own, but for now it is Chloe and I creating in the kitchen and daydreaming.  I'd love to hear what you do in the kitchen and your cooking "rituals".  Remember most of all, have fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when folks come together and share views.
Great site, stick with it!

my website - Useful kitchen

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the issues.

It was definitely informative. Your website is useful.
Thanks for sharing!

Also visit my site; visit

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

my website :: see