Friday, January 4, 2013

Carpe Diem, lessons from Winnie the Pooh

     TGIF!  It is the first Friday of the New Year, and the first weekend is beginning.  I love the month of January, because there are so many people trying to better themselves, and in turn better the world in which we live.  A couple days ago I wrote about knowing who you are, and where you are headed, and I remembered this quote from Winnie the Pooh, and I thought it tied in perfectly to that post.  It is so true that sometimes we lose sight of who we are and where we are headed, and what we are capable of accomplishing.  So my words of support to all of us this year as we go about our resolutions and goals to remember that we CAN do it, and we can probably do so much more than we ever have dreamed we could.

     So one of the crazy undertakings I have made for this year is having a completely clean and organized home.  I can already hear some of the groans...I know an organized home is such an overwhelming task, and I feel like  every time I make progress in front of me I turn around and there is a disaster behind me.  So I was reading various blogs and I saw on www.home-storage-solutions-101.com the 2013 Declutter Calender.  Seriously this challenge has me very intrigued each day you do a different 15 minute task and at the end of the year you are supposed to have a completely organized home.  I have decided that I will definitely do this challenge, 15 minutes a day I can do, and if I have a completely organized home at the end of the year I will be thrilled!  Additionally there is still a lot of great info on that website,  it really does break down the overwhelming task and make it seem far more easy to accomplish.  Are any of you taking on a goal or resolution that seems completely overwhelming? I would love to hear what other goals people are up to!

No comments: