Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's a Greek thing...Greek Salad Dressing

    I have always loved salads, and all last week I have been having such a craving for Greek salad.  Greek salad has always been one of my favorites, it is such an explosion of flavor.  I love all the different variations that you can make on it as well.  There are the standard ingredients; the lettuce, feta, kalamata olives. cucumbers. etc.  Yet there are so many others things that you can add, radishes. lemon orzo, chopped artichoke hearts and roasted beets.  I love the variety of salads, I never understood why people have thought that that salads were boring.  I am also trying to eat healthier and this is a great healthy dish that doesn't make me feel deprived, or as though I am eating "diet food".  I have decided that one of the keys to a great salad is all in the dressing.  A great dressing is key, and can be used in so many different ways, a dressing, changed into a dip, used as marinade, or used as a finishing sauce.  Below is my favorite Greek salad dressing recipe, it is also great with seafood as well, particularly shrimp, one of my all time favorite marinades as well.  Keep the recipe in your arsenal, you will use it time and time again!

Greek Salad Dressing

Ingredients:

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove Garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
4-5 turns of Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Combine all ingredients and drizzle over salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest
authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on
the same information you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
I know my readers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.


My page 800 calorie hcg diet