Monday, November 12, 2012

The glass IS half full! part 12 of a 22 part series...

     I can not believe that we are only 10 days away from Thanksgiving!  So much to get done to be ready for the Holidays!  I have loved participating in the Gratitude Challenge, it is a great daily reminder for me to remember what the Holidays are all about.  Today's task was to "make the effort to live life with a positive outlook. Restrain from criticizing the people around you.  See the glass half full.  Listen more than you speak, give freely of yourself, practice kindness at every opportunity."    

     I found this task to be particularly interesting actually, especially the part to listen more than I speak.  Sometimes for me that is so hard, I have always been a talker, so to sometimes practice restrain is rather hard at times.  A very dear friend of mine once told me to "seek to understand before seeking to be understood."  I love this advice, and I have been trying to implement that in my relationships with others, it is so hard though, I want others to understand me and validate me, it's hard to slow down and wait and try to listen to others first.  I love the idea of random acts of kindness and I need to be so much better at doing them.  I love this challenge is not only helping me to express gratitude in words, but in actions as well.


 

 

No comments: