Monday, November 5, 2012

Take 5, Day 5 of the Gratitude Challenge, part 5 of 22 part series

     Today is the 5th day of the Gratitude challenge, and I can tell you that already it is helping me to be more aware of the blessings in my life.  Today's task is to spend 5 minutes writing about the blessings in my life and focusing on what I already have not what I am wanting or feel as though I lack.  It is true that there are lots of things that I would love to have, but I do have so many blessings and I am a very lucky girl.  I have amazing friends and family actually a better family than I ever could have dreamed of, and I don't know that I can adequately express in words how much they mean to me, or my gratitude for them.  So I guess the main thought that has been running through my head today is to be more vocal in expressing thanks to those I love and making sure they realize that I do love them and appreciate them.  The second being to quit voicing what I wish I had, a new goal of mine is to make sure I always express gratitude for something I do have before I wish for that which I do not.  Are any of you participating in a gratitude challenge?  If so, how is in changing your perspective this Thanksgiving season?

No comments: