Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Blessings & The eyes of a child, part 11 of a 22 part series...


     To say that the past few days have been busy and crazy is an understatement to say the least!  Mr. Love From Scratch & I have had family in town the past few days and its has been lots of fun, but lots of work as well.  My parents and brothers have been in town, and it has been so good to see family.  One of my nephews who is 15 months old has been staying with us and its been fun and eye-opening to have him with us. 

     Today is day 11 of the Gratitude Challenge, and today's task is particularly applicable to my little nephew.  Today's task is " to try to see the world through the eyes of a child.  Think about the things you take for granted on a daily basis  and then express gratitude for everything down to the basic necessities."  With my little nephew he has such wonder and excitement with the smallest and simple things.  He is always exploring and always searching, his giggling and laughing and smiles are beyond infectious.  I wish I looked though the eyes of a child more often, to see the beauty and wonder of things, to be excited at the snowfall or giggle at the dog and clap my hands at my family and smile.  What would it be like to go through a day without worries just absorbing every part of the day with joy.  How amazing would that be?


     I am so grateful for the things that I have, for the basics that sometimes I forget and take for granted, I do have so many things to be joyful about and to be grateful for.  I love that my nephew has been able to remind me to be enjoying the journey and stopping along that journey to smell the roses.

No comments: