Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Blessings and The Gratitude Challenge, part 4 of a 22 day series...

     Today's task for the Gratitude Challenge is to write a note of thanks for the trials in my life.  So many times it is hard to be grateful for the trials of life, because so many times we just want the trials do disappear as soon as possible.  Today in Church we talked about trials and how they do strengthen you, and the we have the decision on how we react to those trials.  I'll be honest, I absolutely hate it when I go through my trials, but I would rather have my trials than that of so many other people that I know.  I have had several trials in life, and I have learned so much from them.  It has taught me about the importance of family and friends and that sometimes it is okay if others have to help carry you for awhile.  Sometimes we really can't make it alone, and that's okay.  During my times of trial it also reminds me of the scripture in Proverbs, which admonishes us to "trust in the Lord."  Yes that is so much easier said than done, but it is true that He will direct our paths and that He is mindful of each and every one of us.  Trials are an inevitable part of life, but I am grateful that through trials I have learned more about myself, and more about the goodness of others. I hope that you too may be comforted during times of trial.

No comments: