Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lessons learned from The Help & Gratitude Challenge.....part 15 of a 22 part series

     Here we are a week from Thanksgiving, and on day 15 of our Gratitude Challenge.  Today's task was  "to take time to focus on myself & to appreciate and give thanks for my unique personality, skills and talents".  This was an interesting task for me, since I always feel a little odd or uncomfortable or vain if I focus on myself, of the positive things about me, so writing a post about this feels beyond odd, but here we go.  I guess I will start off my saying that I believe I am a good person, I try hard to be the type of person that my family would always be proud of.  Actually I was named after my Grandmother, and I'd like to think I have made her proud and not disgraced her good name.  I try to be kind and giving to others.  I can honestly say I am a loyal person, and that I am a charitable person.  A book (and movie) that I particularly enjoy is The Help,  I love that Abileen stress to baby girl three things to always remember, "You is kind.  You is smart.  You is important."  I actually do believe I am all of these things and I try to be all of these three things.

     Of course there are lots of qualities I wish that I had, but the most important things I believe I possess.  Yes I do sometimes wish that I was more talented and that certain things were easier for me, but to be honest I quite like me, and I am so glad that I can say that.  I may not be perfect, but I am me and for now that is good enough.
 

No comments: