Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude Challenge and Resilience...part 18 of a 22 part series

     Another week has come and gone, it is hard to believe that November is almost over.  Today in church the talks were on so many different things, but one of the common themes was our reaction to trials, and out attitudes while we are being tested.   These talks were on my mind when I read today's task for the Gratitude Challenge, which says to, "write about all of the things that make you so lovable.  Take a moment to appreciate your personal style, talents and charm."

     A talent that I do feel that I possess is that of a kind and giving heart, and that I can spot ways to help and serve others.  I tend to be an empathizer by nature, and I feel it deeply when others are suffering.  I have had numerous medical issues and problems of my own, and I have been lucky that so far (knock on wood!) I have been resilient.  Many times I have fallen down and had to get back up and dust myself off, I know that is part of life.  I am proud of myself that I am not a quitter, and that I never give up on myself or on others.  I don't know that I would describe myself as charming, and I don't know what my personal style would be defined as.  But I can say that I am a kind person who tries her best to help where she can and I do look for opportunities to cheer up others.  I try to live the Golden Rule.  I appreciate that my parents raised me to be a kind, helpful person, and I learned that from their examples, and that today that is what I am grateful for. 

No comments: