Saturday, November 3, 2012

Family, it is what life is all about...part 3 of a 22 day series

     Day 3 of the Gratitude Challenge has arrived, and today's task is, "to write about something you feel grateful for in your life today."  There are so many things that I am grateful for in my life, but one of the greatest blessings in my life is my family.  They are the absolute best.  Growing up with all brothers I always hoped that someday I would get a sister, while I still do not have any biological sisters, but I do have sister in laws and that is something I really enjoy.  To be honest though, one of my absolute favorite roles in life is that of being an Aunt.  I adore my nieces and nephews, they are adorable (yes I realize I am biased, but they really are!)  I love those kids, and I love to watch them as they grow, but one of my favorite parts of having nieces and nephews is to see my brothers as fathers.  It is incredibly heartwarming to see my brothers as they try to teach their kids and watch the fumble with bows and ribbons.  They are great fathers and I do love to watch them in action.  Being the only of my siblings without children I love that fact that I am able to pay complete attention to my nieces and nephews at family gatherings.  I can play laugh and talk with them the whole time and I LOVE it! 

    
     I know many times I have mentioned how much I love my parents and the influences they had had in my life and in the decisions I have made.  I was extremely blessed to get such amazing parents and siblings and I do want to express gratitude for that.  Another new addition to my family that I am very grateful for is Mr. Love From Scratch, he is amazing and so patient with me and really is my best friend, and I love the new role I have had this year of being a wife.  So for today I want to focus on my gratitude for my family, and the role that they have in my life.

No comments: