Thursday, November 1, 2012

A New Month, A New Challenge, A New Mindset... part 1 of a 21 day series

   
  I love the fall, always have, always will, but my favorite month of the year has always been November.  Ever since I can remember November was the month for me.  There are so many reasons for that, one being that my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, another could be that my parents were married in November and I have always looked up to their marriage and the life they created together, another is that I took my parent's cue, and got married in November myself.  Actually I can hardly believe that I am almost at my one year anniversary.  I love that in November we try to focus on our blessings and what we have instead of what we don't have or wish that we had.  I have always felt that it was important to express gratitude and appreciation for what I have.  My parents instilled in me that we always needed to be grateful for all of the wonderful blessings that we have in our lives.

     
     One of my favorite websites, Tiny Prints,  is hosting a Gratitude Challenge, where for twenty-one days (until Thanksgiving), we focusing on taking note of the brighter side of life and expressing gratitude on a daily basis.  They actually have a pledge that you download and sign, and a calendar with tasks that you follow for each day.  I see all sorts of monthly challenges etc. for blogs and usually don't participate, but this one is one that I feel very strongly should be recognized.  Today's task was to sign the pledge and to write down and explain why you did it.  I did sign the pledge, and I decided to participate in it for many reasons.  The primary reason is that sometimes I feel as though I get so busy in trying to accomplish something or attain something that I forget about what I already have and all of the blessings that I have already been blessed with.  Also as we lead into Thanksgiving I do want to be in a more reflective and thankful mindset, and I think that this will be a great help achieving that.  Who knows?  Maybe this will be a tradition I do every year now.  Anyway, check out the challenge yourself, maybe it is something you want to do yourself, or to share with your family and friends.  Of course don't forget to stop by everyday and see what's new on the blog as well, and what each task entails for me!

No comments: