Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Glad Game, The Gratitude Challenge part 14 of a 22 part series...

     It takes time to change perspective, and to shift attitudes and outlooks on the world.  The Gratitude Challenge has been going on for 2 weeks, and today's task is to write about how my perspective has changed, and the difference this challenge has made thus far in my life.  I'll be honest, I am no where near close to being a new person, and I am still horribly flawed and sometimes selfish and worldly, but what I can say is that I have become much more self-aware and focusing much harder on recognizing the blessings that I have in my life. 

     I am trying to everyday focus on the things to be grateful for and to express that gratitude for others, for the big things and the small things.  I can hardly believe that a week from tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I have loved this challenge this far as it reminds me to slow down my days activities and focus on the good.  One of my favorite movies is Pollyanna, as she plays the glad game.  I know that the glad game sounds saccharin and sappy at times, but really what would happen if for just one day we DID play the glad game, or were grateful for everything?  How would it change our relationships with others?  I am glad that I have been able to participate in this challenge thus far, to be able to focus on the true meaning of Thanksgiving and implementing that into my holiday season.   Are any of you participating in this challenge, and changes that you have noticed thus far?

No comments: