Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Green Gables & Lessons learned from Anne Shirley


 
Anne's Bedroom
 
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"
-Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables
 
     This picture was a dream come true for me, I took it inside of Anne Shirley's room at Green Gables, (yes, I do realize she is a fictional character).  I have read that book more times than I care to admit, but every single time I have absolutely loved it.  I used to sit in my room late at night reading the story and dreaming what it would be like to have lived in Anne's time, and what it would be like see Prince Edward Island.  I had so many daydreams while reading that book, so finally making it to Green Gables was thrill for me.  There are many lessons that I learned from Anne Shirley, and I hope that there is a whole new generation of young girls pouring over the book and learning lessons from Anne Shirley.
 
Lessons learned from Anne Shirley
 
1. It's better to be smart then pretty.
 
2. First impressions aren't everything.
 
3. Each new day is fresh with no mistakes in it.
 
4. Everyone needs a bosom friend.
 
5. Don't be a drama queen.
 
6. Great things can happen when you forgive people.
 
7. Don't hesitate to compete against the boys.
 
8. Sometimes puff sleeves do make the world better!
 
Green Gables

 
 
 
 


No comments: