Thursday, September 6, 2012

Places I have to eat at...

Some people have bucket lists, I have what I like to call My Memory Maker List.  Bucket list sounded too depressing for me.  Anyway there are so many things that I do want to do and experience.  Because its me, a lot of the items on my list do pertain to food.  There are so many places I want to eat at.  One of the ones that I am most intrigued by is Alinea, by Grant Achatz.  I reviewed his memoir a couple months ago, but ever since he caught the attention of the culinary world several years ago I have been more than impressed my his cooking style.  

If you have ever read his cookbook Alinea, you can see his precision for detail and his creativity is second to none.  I was so inspired by his story of determination and perseverance, but also his complete passion when it comes to food.  I always love to see people with passion fulfilling their dreams.  Chef Achatz has a couple restaurants but Alinea is definitely the one I want to visit, and has been recognized as the best restaurant in North America.  It is located in Chicago which means that Mr. Love From Scratch and I would need to make a trip to Chicago, maybe we can hit Wrigley Field while we are there.  I already know exactly what I would order too, the tasting menu, the couses change frequently, but the picture shows you idea of what it could be like.  What an experience would that be!  I would love to see his culinary artistry in action.

I have lots of things I want to do, and lots of places I would love to eat at, I will be sharing more of my Memory Makers List with you, maybe I will start getting some of them even crossed off my list.  Do I have any Chicago readers that have been here?  I would love to hear about your experiences there and what you thought!  What are on your Memory Makers List?

No comments: