Monday, September 24, 2012

Vacation Dreams...Coming True!



     Ever since I was a little girl I have loved the book Anne of Green Gables.  I have read the book time and time again, cheered on Anne as she smashes a slate over Gilbert Blythe's head, laughed at her as she dyes her hair brown and it turns green instead, and read all of her triumphs and fails to finally end up where we all wanted her, back with Gilbert Blythe.  I have read the book and watched the movies so many times that it was definitely a part of my childhood, so I was thrilled when the opportunity has arose for Mr. Love from Scratch and I to actually go to Prince Edward Island on vacation!   How amazing is that?  My inner nine year old girl is in rapture thinking of seeing Green Gables and the  Lakes of Shining Waters and all the amazing sights of Avonlea.  While Mr. Love from Scratch isn't really at all familiar with the book or the story, he is being a good sport.  I have my camera ready and I am going to take pictures galore!  I can't wait for the trip. 

I know that I have shared my affinity for Tea Parties and Ladies Luncheon's, but a couple years ago I was able to help cater an Anne of Green Gables inspired tea party for a young girls birthday party.  It was so much fun!  The cute birthday girl had every girl arrive in their tea party finest, and the tables were decked out in vintage shabby chic galore.  Pink and flowers everywhere, as the guests came through the doors one could hear them shriek and gasp in delight.  It was a magical day for that little birthday girl, she grinned from ear to ear.  Her food was actually a lot of work, tea party food requires attention to detail, and usually there are lots of little pieces, but tea party and shower food is always a delight for everyone.  I have many tried and true recipes for tea parties, but I am curious, what do you make for your tea parties?  I would love additional ideas.

So this trip is one more thing that I can cross off of my memory makers list, I will have finally made it to Prince Edward Island!  How lucky am I?   There are still lots more things on my list, but I am excited to be crossing this off.  Are there any trips that you have dreamt of since childhood?  Where do you want to go on your next vacation?


No comments: