Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lessons Learned, and Lessons to Learn Still...


     It's pretty isn't it?  It looks so calm and peaceful.  I took this photo a couple months ago when my husband and I went on a cruise.  I loved watching all of the different ships that we encountered, some were luxury yachts, some local fishing boats, some were speedboats zipping through the water.  One of my favorite quotes is "A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."  It reminds me that I need to go outside of my comfort zone a times and take the leap of faith that I can do it, and that I will make it work. 

As many of you know I love to watch Masterchef, it inspires every season, this season has been my favorite so far, two particular contestants have stuck out to me this entire season, Christine Ha & Josh Marks.  Both were my two favorites from the first episode, so I am glad to see them as the final two in all of this.  Both amazing chefs, and both amazing individuals.  Both are survivors both inside and outside of the kitchen.  Christine I have learned a lot from watching her grace.  Anyone who has watched this season already knows that Christine is blind.  I am so amazed at her determination and her spirit and that she never lets her blindness stop her.  I can think of a million excuses at any given time, but she never makes excuses for herself.  Josh too has been such a great example of hard work and determination.

I always love to see what I call everyday heroes or everyday champions, I feel like sometimes we forget how many of them there really are in life.  I feel that both of these individuals are those everyday champions.  They remind me to not make excuses for myself, and that I need to have the courage to go after my dreams.  Watch both of them next Tuesday on FOX to see who will be the next Masterchef.

No comments: