Thursday, July 26, 2012

Faith & Service & Blessings


It's Beautiful isn't it?  I know I have mentioned before that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or sometimes more commonly known as Mormons.  This building you may have already seen pictures of, it is the Salt Lake City Temple, and its a beautiful place, and a very important place in our religion.  It is through the Temples that we believe that families can be together forever.  I feel incredibly blessed to be a member of this church and for the blessings that it affords me.  Through the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ I know where I came from, why I am here, and where I am going after this life.  I do know the purpose and plan for life, that isn't to say I know the reasons for trials and suffering, but I know that it is all part of a loving Heavenly Father's Plan for us. 

I have learned so much from attending church and studying my scriptures, and I realize that I still have lots more left to learn, after all that part is a life long process.  I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to serve as a full-time missionary several years ago and to share my beliefs with others.  I still desire to share those beliefs with all that I come in contact with.   The fact is this Church brings me incredible joy and peace, it has truly changed my life, and being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a huge part of who I am, and I am very proud of that part of my life.  If any of you have questions or want to learn more please go to www.lds.org or let me know and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

"With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again."
—Thomas S. Monson, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives!", Liahona and Ensign, May 2007
Topics: Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Testimony



No comments: