Sunday, May 27, 2012

Totally Addicted to Aprons

A Is for Apron: 25 Fresh & Flirty DesignsI have made no secret of the fact that I love, love, LOVE aprons!  I never cook without an apron in fact.  I am convinced that the food just doesn't taste as good if I am not wearing an apron.  I have several different types of aprons, but my favorites are the girly, vintage aprons.  I have several of my grandmother's aprons that I adore, she always had such pretty things, and I am reminded of her when I use them.  I find aprons at vintage stores, goodwill stores, etsy, and online, but lately I have started making my own aprons. 

I already had this book that a friend had given me as a gift, and decided to put it to good use.  I particularly like this book, because it is has very clear instructions, and even though I am not a novice at sewing, this book would work for any skill level.  It took me forever to decide on what fabrics to use for the aprons, I am convinced that the fabric selection is what take the most time in any of my sewing projects.  I finally settled on a few different combinations, and decided I will be making three aprons, one full length and two half aprons.  The fabric is now all cut, so I will sew them together this week, and I will have to post the pictures, I will be curious to see what all of you think.

No comments: