Saturday, March 24, 2012

For the Love of Chocolate



 
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

     Everybody loves chocolate, there is something about it that just makes you smile. While I am a chocolate fan, I am also fussy about my chocolate, after all not just any type of chocolate will do. As I have gotten older I have learned all about the different types of chocolate and the different ways of utilizing chocolate in your cooking. My personal favorite way to have chocolate is (and always has been) is a mug of hot chocolate a good book, and a nice quilt, to me that is pure bliss.

     Yesterday Mr. Love From Scratch and I toured a local chocolate factory, we watched the chocolate being tempered and hand dipped, completed with the dipper adding their own personal artisan mark to the tops of the chocolates. We also watched the nougat centers lined up on a conveyor belt and going through what is called the "enrober" to coat the nougat with chocolatey goodness. It was fascinating to watch, but I always love factory tours, I love seeing how things are made. During the Holidays I usually make a good deal of candy from scratch, I love the taste of homemade sweets and treats, and I love to share it with my family and friends.

     As I have mentioned before Mr. Love From Scratch loves chocolate mousse, and had dropped several hints that he would love a chocolate silk pie, so I picked up on the hint, (it really wasn't that subtle of a hint) and made a pie just for him yesterday. I always love making pies, especially when I get to whip out my cute pink mixer, I LOVE that thing, I use it wall the time, excellent purchase. The end result was a huge success, and he loved it! I made the recipe up years ago and just made it from memory, so the recipe is still coming, I will post it and hopefully you enjoy!

1 comment:

Angie's Recipes said...

We visited a chocolate museum here years ago...it was really fun.