Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wowzers the time is flying!

Do you ever have those days when it all of the sudden dawns on you that time is moving so quickly?  Today was one of those days, as I have mentioned before next month I am getting married, yes in a little more than two weeks I will have a "Mr Love From Scratch".  There are a million things to get done and so many details to oversee.  It is such an exciting time, I can hardly believe the wedding is almost here.  How crazy is that?

So many things to get done and it seems almost as though the time is running out.  I have been so busy trying to get everything done and accounted for, it seems like there is an endless amount of details for a wedding.  As we have been getting ready for the wedding I have been thinking of the courtship and dating that has lead up to the wedding and it has brought back so many great memories, one that I have been thinking of was one of the first meals I made for Mr. Love From Scratch.  It was a picnic and we had several different dishes, but the star of the meal was my signature cerviche.  I love cerviche and I was excited to share a favorite dish of mine with him.  This is a dish that has so many memories for me, and I hope you try it and develop memories of your own.

Love From Scratch Cerviche

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh shrimp
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup diced avocado
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup cilantro
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
1/2 cup bell pepper diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup diced cucumbers peeled and diced.

Directions:

Pat the seafood dry and place in a glass bowl. Cover with the lime juice and let marinate until opaque, about 3 hours, refrigerated.  Add the remaining ingredients to the seafood, gently stirring to mix. Add reserved lime juice to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour, and serve chilled in a tall martini or cocktail glass 

No comments: