Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Watermelon Feta Greek Salad

I love salads, I love how refreshing they are after a long day and how bright they are.  Whenever I think of Summer I tend to think of watermelon, salad, and corn on the cob.  Lately it seems wherever I look there are different watermelon salad recipes being featured.  I especially love to make these salad with the end of the season watermelons which sometimes I find to be the sweetest and the meatiest. 

I especially recommend using a farmers market or local watermelon for this recipe, you will definitely taste the difference.  This makes a great recipe for the backyard BBQs, or the church potlucks.  I personally love this just made up in the fridge so I can snack on it throughout the day, its a healthy snack and always hists the spot, it also tastes better as it marinates in the fridge.

Watermelon Feta Greek Salad

Ingredients:

1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
10 cups seedless watermelon, (I usually use a melon baller for a nice presentation)
1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
1 1/4 cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1 small purple onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
1 english cucumber diced
5 cups arugula

Preparation:

In a large bowl combine all ingredients and let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments: