Thursday, September 8, 2011

Me Time Salad

Do you ever have those days when you want to curl up with a good book and a nice salad, a glass of Martinellis and just enjoy some "me time"?  It seems like its been such a crazy and hectic week, I at times I feel like the chicken with it's head cut off.  Sometimes its just nice to stop and recharge, I know it makes me so much more productive when I do. 

This is a great end of summer salad, and I love the juicy farmers market peaches with the creamy cheese and tart pomegranate seeds, with the peppery arugula, it is a delicious salad just for your self, or a beautiful salad for company.  Give yourself permission to relax this afternoon and enjoy!  I personally am putting my feet up and cuddling with my dog and reading yet another amazing book!

Love From Scratch "Me Time Salad"
Ingredients:

1/2 cup plus balsamic vinegar
2 firm, ripe peaches
2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
3 cups arugula
2 Tbs. grapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 lb. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
3 Tbsp pomegranate seeds

Directions:

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the 1/2 cup vinegar to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the vinegar is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Let cool.

Cut the peaches in slices and place in glass dish and sprinkle with the brown sugar and drizzle with  with vinegar.
Prepare a medium-hot skillet and grill peaches till starting to caramelize.

In a large serving bowl, combine the arugula and oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the grilled peaches on top of the arugula. Drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with the goat cheese, and finish with a few grindings of pepper & pomegranate seeds.

No comments: