Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I have been reading Wednesday...Modern Hospitality

 
    It has been far too long since I have done a "What I have been reading Wednesday", I have so many new amazing cookbooks to share with all of you.  As I have mentioned before I love to watch cooking competition shows.  I love especially Masterchef, I make sure that I never miss it!  I love to see the different challenges and I try to think what I would make if I had to participate in the dreaded mystery box challenges.  Also I have to admit, I want to be on that show, I would love to take a shot at winning the Masterchef title in the next couple years. 

    In season 1 of the show I was very impressed early on by Whitney Miller.  All of her dishes were both well thought out and well executed, and she always maintained composure under pressure.  She definitely deserved to be crowned the winner.  I was excited to get her cookbook, and try some of her recipes myself.  Her cookbook promises, "simple recipes with Southern charm."  That is exactly what you get with this cookbook.  They are simple recipes elevated to the next level, making them perfect for both daily dinners and entertaining.  I have tried most of the recipes and I have been very pleased with everything so far, this is both a beautiful book, and a practical one. 


    As we all know the economy is rough, and life is busy, sometimes we all think we don't have the money or the time to make a quality sit down dinner.  I love that Whitney shows anyone how to take basic, inexpensive ingredients and utilize them to create something truly special.  This is definitely a cookbook that I would give to any of my friends looking for simple good recipes for their family.  Whitney hit a home run on this one, check it out and you will be very pleased, pleased enough to try all the recipes yourselves.

No comments: