Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Recipe for a Happy Home


     Its interesting that we have recipes for everything in life, to a recipe for happiness seems natural doesn't it?  Wouldn't it be nice if life were that simple, that we could go to the store an get exactly what we needed, combine it and achieve happiness?  I have found that when you tell people that you are getting married you get lots and lots of advice, mostly good, but some clearly questionable too, (the questionable I think I will ignore for now.)

     Seriously though, I have been giving a lot of thought to happiness in life and in marriage.  I am very blessed, I have a great life that I love, but to be completely honest I don't know how to have the perfect marriage or be the perfect wife, this is a beginning of a brand new adventure for me, luckily I will have Mr. Love from Scratch alongside me the whole time, and I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime. 

     The question remains...is there a recipe for happiness in a marriage?  What do I do, what do I not do?  A good friend of mine shared this poem with me, I had seen it circulating on various websites, I have never seen it attributed to anyone directly.  I love the ingredients that are listed, so important in any relationship, anyone have suggestions of their own?


Recipe for a Happy Home

Ingredients

4 cups of love
2 cups of loyalty
3 cups forgiveness
1 cup friendship
5 spoons of hope
2 spoons of tenderness
4 quarts of faith
1 barrel of laughter

Preparation:

Take love and loyalty, mix them thoroughly with faith. Blend it with tenderness, kindness and understanding. Add friendship and hope, sprinkle abundantly with laughter. Bake it with sunshine. Serve daily with generous helpings.

1 comment:

SunnnyAlways said...

I love this, I was redecorating my kitchen and need a saying to put on my wall.. Thanks a million.. BTW love the music.. ;)