Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring is Coming! That Means Ole Fajitas!

     The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!
~Robert Browning


     Sometimes it seems that Spring is never going to come, I mean really, am I destined to another month of grey and gloomy weather?  I have decided to try positive thinking, so I decided to make my signature Ole Fajitas as way to hopefully nudge Spring into coming.  I love to have these with my black bean salad, and a large glass of water with lemon or mint for a great low-fat and refreshing meal.


     Also I love how easy this meal comes together, it is a snap to make and also a great recipe to make for company.  Also as vain as it sounds, it is a really pretty recipe, and there is always something to be said for that.  I love this recipe I get out my mariachi music and turn it on, and dance in the kitchen as I make this recipe.  I feel as though there is almost a soul or a mood to every recipe, this is a recipe that is begging for a party, it is a bright and vivacious recipe with flavors that are exploding in your mouth.  Also this is a great recipe for kids, they always devour these.

So try these fajitas and some positive thinking, and let's see if we can get some warm weather our way.  Regardless tonight will be a delicious night full of good food and good times. Ole!

Ole Fajitas

Ingredients

1 cup sliced purple onions
2 cups sliced red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
10 ounces protein, I like to use shrimp; this time I used catfish; Cooked
 5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
 3 limes, juiced
 4 corn tortillas

Saute onions and peppers in oil, garlic and cumin for 8-10 minutes, until tender.  Mix protein, cilantro and lime juice with peppers, let flavors blend for 3-5 minutes.  Spoon mixture into tortillas, garnish with salsa verde, cotija cheese, mango salsa, or shredded cabbage & chopped cilantro

1 comment:

Chris's Gourmet Fashion said...

I love Fajitas, great idea to use catfish, I think that really works well with this type of recipe. Your photos are lovely!