Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What I have been reading Wednesday- My New Orleans


     I had heard a lot of positive feedback on this book so I decided to check it out for myself.  Amazing stuff!  The recipes are amazing and the photography is incredible.  John Besh is chef whose background I have always found intriguing.  He is a southern boy, born and raised in Mississippi, but also has been all over the world, both as a chef and as a Marine.  Definitely a true American.

     His cooking and recipes are indicative of the Southern area that he loves, he combines stories with recipes and tips and history of New Orleans.  There is French, Cajun and Creole cooking.  I have tried several of the recipes, and they are easy to follow and amazing, one word of caution though, these recipes are designed to feed a small army, so if you are cooking for just yourself as I am you will need to cut the recipes down to size.



     This is a beautiful cookbook that you can put on the shelf, or pretty enough to display as a coffee table book.  Take a look at this cookbook, I think you will find it very enjoyable, and full of recipes that will be crowd pleasers.  He has hit a home run with this book!

No comments: