Monday, April 4, 2011

Green Smoothies & Swimsuit Season


     As much as I have been saying how excited I am for warm weather, I have to admit I have some trepidation as well.  Like most women, swimsuit season can cause some fear.  The season or swimsuits and shorts can cause you to stop and wonder if you are ready for it.  Are we ever truly ready for swimsuit season?  I have been trying to do my best, I eat healthily and work out and cross my fingers for luck.  One thing that I have heard so many different experts talk about are "green smoothies". 

     What is the deal with these smoothies?  Are they really all that great?  Are they going to help me get into shape for the summer?  So many questions when it comes to the smoothies.  I have tried several of the store bought smoothies, but decided to create one of my own.  I am not sure that it is helping me lose weight at all, but it does help my focus and metal clarity so that is good.  This  recipe also tastes good too, it is a great morning pick me up, or a great way to get kids to eat their veggies.


Basic Green Smoothie

Makes about 1-2 quarts

Ingredients:

4 sliced & peeled medium bananas
1 slice of peeled fresh pineapple
1-2 cups fruit sliced, (I like mango, peach or berries)
1-2 cups greens (I usually do 1/2 kale and 1/2 baby spinach)
1 1/2 cups apple juice

Blend all ingredients together, for a shake type consistency add ice cubes.

No comments: