Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cowboy Cookies


     Who doesn't love a great cookie?  Everyone loves a good cookie.  One of my favorites is the cowboy cookie, it is so rich and chewy and so good.  I remember the first time I tried a cowboy cookie.  It was a couple years ago and I was sick at home when a friend brought me cheddar broccoli soup and these cookies, it was exactly what the doctor ordered for me that day.  I became addicted to these cookies and decided that I just had to master this recipe for myself.  These have become a favorite amongst all of my friends especially with a nice tall glass of milk. Enjoy these cookies, they are amazing!



Cowboy Cookies
Ingredients

1 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (6-ounce) package chocolate chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cups dried cranberries
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and the vanilla and beat until well blended. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Add oats, nuts, cranberries, chocolate chips and coconut, mix until combined. Spoon cookie mixture onto greased foil lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

Medifast Meals said...

There is a bit of everything in these cowboy cookies, can't wait to try a batch. Thanks for sharing!