Friday, April 1, 2011

Chloe's Corner...Homemade Dog Treats


     I try to pretend that my dog isn't spoiled, but that is a huge lie, she is completely and totally spoiled.  Several friends and I all have dogs that we love, we have big dogs, little dogs, smart dogs, and well you get the idea.  I try to make sure that my dog gets the best of everything, after all women's best friend deserves to be treated to the finer things in life. 

     In my town there are a few dog treat bakeries.  Chloe loves to go there, she gets so excited when she gets a treat, whether she has earned it or not.  Gourmet dog treats are super expensive, and me trying to save money have experimented with a few recipes to see what I could make on my own for Chloe.  This recipe is for her everyday training treat.  It is super easy to make and super cheap.  With this particular recipe I use the small dog bone cookie cutter since Chloe is a smaller dog, this recipe for me makes 4 dozen small bones.  Give it a try, your dogs will love it


Chloe's Sweet Treats

Ingredients

1 c. flour
1 egg
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp peanut butter
1/4 c. crisco
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Microwave honey and peanut butter for about 20 seconds

Add the remaining ingredients and mix.

Roll out mixture and use a dog bone cutout for your biscuits.

Bake for 8-10 min.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I have made dog treats in the past with a recipe similar to yours. I'm sure Chloe like your home made treats. I also bake Bailey a doggie b-day cake every year, with carrots, peanut butter,and banana. She loves it.
Bailey is a spoiled dog, or should I say Princess. Bailey loves blankets and pillows.