Friday, April 8, 2011

Chloe's Corner- Liver Brownie Doggie Treats


     As I have mentioned before my dog it utterly and completely spoiled.  I love her to pieces though, she is truly a great dog, just extremely well-indulged.  Whenever I fix food Chloe always wants a bite (or more) of whatever I am eating.  So I have been doing alot of reading to come up with Chloe's own treat recipes for her.  Two of her favorite things are liver and peanut butter, she eats anything with those flavors.  So I decided to make her liver brownies, they look disgusting but she devoured these, she absolutely loved them!  It was good to see her enjoy her treats, I hope your dogs enjoy this as much as mine did!


Chloe's Liver Brownies

3 to 3 1/2 lbs of liver, beef or chicken
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 C white flour
1/2 C corn meal
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheet with foil, coat with cooking spray, sprinkle lightly with corn meal and set aside. Process liver and garlic in food processor or blender until it looks like milk chocolate. Pour into large mixing bowl and blend in the rest of the ingredients.

Spread evenly onto cookie sheet (the mixture will be thick) and sprinkle lightly with corn meal.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Fascinating, but I will pass and opt for the Cajun shrimp!

That is one spoiled pooch!